Recent & Upcoming Appearances
- Invited Speaker, IEEE International Symposium on Technology and Society, Toronto, Canada, June.
- Paper Presentation, “Patron Privacy in the ’2.0′ Era: Avoiding the Faustian Bargain of Library 2.0”, Information Privacy Workshop at iConference 2013, Fort Worth, TX, February.
- Panel Discussion Leader, “Values Interventions: Ethics Scholarship in Action”, iConference 2013, Fort Worth, TX, February.
- Keynote Speaker, “Research, the Cloud, and the IRB”, Sixth Annual Virginia IRB Consortium Conference, Charlottesville, VA, October.
- Invited Speaker, “Research Ethics in the 2.0 Era: New Challenges for Researchers and IRBs”, University of Pittsburgh Institutional Review Board Educational Series, Pittsburgh, PA, October.
- Invited Speaker, “Internet Ethics Issues and Action in the United States”, International Symposium on Internet Ethics, Korean Internet Security Agency, Seoul, South Korea, September.
- Paper Presentation, “Perspectives on Youth & Privacy”, American Library Association Annual Conference, Anaheim, CA, June.
- Invited Speaker, “The Ethical (Re)Design of the Google Books Project”, IMLS Current Research Webinar Series, Washington, DC, May. (online)
- Paper Presentation, “New Media, New Ethics: How Social Media-based Research Demands New Attention to Research Ethics”, International Communication Association, Phoenix, AZ, May.
- Paper Presentation, “Library Privacy in the ‘2.0’ Era: Avoiding a Faustian Bargain”, Information Ethics Roundtable, Hunter College, New York, NY, April.*
- Poster Presentation, “Assessing the Treatment of Patron Privacy in Library 2.0 Literature”, iConference, Toronto, Canada, February.
* indicates refereed formal paper for academic audience