This week marks the 10th anniversary of Facebook, and to help commemorate this milestone I wrote an essay for The Washington Post that postulates an early framework of Mark Zuckerberg’s theory of privacy, based on a preliminary analysis of the data contained in The Zuckerberg Files archive. Here are the three principles I discuss: Information […]
Tag Archives: Zuckerberg
- Information Society Series: Pirate Politics, by Patrick Burkart April 7, 2014
- Washington Post Essay: Mark Zuckerberg’s theory of privacy February 6, 2014
- UW-Milwaukee invites applications and nominations for the position of Dean of the School of Information Studies December 2, 2013
- Introducing: The Zuckerberg Files October 25, 2013
- Ohio State University Library Colloquium: “Is Library User Privacy still Paramount in the 2.0 Era?” October 10, 2013
- Banned Books Week 2013: “How Libraries Fight for Free Speech, Freedom from Surveillance, & Democratic Values” August 21, 2013
- thorlaug: Information Society Series: Pirate Politics, by @p...
- sfmnemonic: RT @michaelzimmer: New book in MIT Press Informati...
- mediamorphis: This new book by @pburkart looks good, Pirate Poli...
- LauraDeNardis: RT @michaelzimmer: New book in MIT Press Informati...
- macsithigh: \"Information Society Series: Pirate Politics, by ...
- mediamorphis: RT @michaelzimmer: New book in MIT Press Informati...
4th Amendment Academic AOIR AOL Behavioral targeting Blogging Cellphones China CIPR Conferences Contextual Integrity Data Aggregation Ethics Facebook Google Google Book Search GPS Information ethics Intellectual freedom Intellectual Privacy Internet ISP Law Library & Information Science Locational privacy Microsoft Online Privacy Personalized Search Privacy Privacy in Public Privacy on the Roads Publications Research ethics RFID Search Engine Bias Search Engines Search privacy Social media SOIS Surveillance Technology & Society UW-Milwaukee Values in Design Web 2.0 Yahoo
- @snurb_dot_info I think an earlier message noted a hotel reservation page is forthcoming. More at http://t.co/aFAvOBdDdd #ir15 14 hours ago
- Nobody Cares About Your Tweets http://t.co/zJFZt82jp5 (I beg to differ: http://t.co/2ac4lzjDPp) #twitter 1 day ago
- RT @fandomthennow: Are you a fan of fanfiction? Check out Fandom Then/Now a discussion on fan fiction's past/future. http://t.co/Y8EDB4Ibx9… 1 day ago retweeted via fandomthennow
- Web Tracking Advances Beat Privacy Defenses - InformationWeek http://t.co/9ZIfK7C0o7 #privacy 2 days ago
- Georgetown Law Launches New Center on Privacy and Technology http://t.co/y8vK2C9EiO #privacy 2 days ago